last updated 20th May 2018
Our promise to you: We promise will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless required by law to do so.
Please remember, despite our best intentions, security measures and diligence, we can never guarantee the security of data, however stored or protected.
Body-Torque Pilates Ltd may change this policy from time to time, without notice, by updating this document. Therefore, please check occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20th May 2018.
How we collect information
Information can be collected online, in person, verbally over the telephone and in written form. In order that we can provide our service, before attending your first group class or 1:1 session, Body-Torque Pilates Ltd will require you to complete a paper registration form and a health screening questionnaire. If you book and/or purchase your classes online, you will also be required to create an online account for this purpose.
Verbal/written: When you contact Body-Torque Pilates Ltd, we will ask for certain information about you to guide you to the most appropriate group class. This can be collected verbally on the telephone (where we take notes) or in person, or written in a letter/e-mail, or registration form and health questionnaire.
What we collect
We may collect some or all, of the following information along with additional information when considered relevant:
- contact information including phone, email and home address
- contact information of a third party, in case of illness, or emergency
- relevant health information
- date of birth
- contact preferences
Please note: Body-Torque Pilates Ltd do not collect or store payment information; bank or card details, if given, are destroyed after use.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to fully understand your needs and help us to provide you with a comprehensive service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Assess and develop a personalised training plan for 1:1 sessions
- Ascertain an appropriate level of group exercise class
- Make teaching staff aware of any illness or injuries/contra indicated exercises
- Enable us to notify you of class changes
- Enable us to contact a nominated person if you are taken ill during a class
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails, based on your selected preferences, covering news about class or staff changes, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
In accordance with GDPR guidelines on data protection, Body-Torque Pilates Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information submitted to us is kept secure. In order to prevent accidental or unauthorised, destruction, alteration, disclosure, access or misuse, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. This includes locked cabinets/filing systems for paperwork, firewall and password protection for computers, mobile device and online systems. However, no security measures can be completely secure and Body-Torque Pilates Ltd cannot guarantee that information we hold may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, stolen or destroyed, by breach of our physical, electronic or managerial safeguards. We cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, or store with us, or online with Mindbody and MailChimp and therefore you do so at your own risk.
Personal security settings: we cannot be held responsible for circumvention of any personal privacy settings or passwords you may set on your online account, or the actions of other online users you may choose to share your information with. We cannot guarantee that information you post, transmit or disclose will not be viewed by unauthorised persons.
In the event of a security breach: We promise to take the following action:
- Ascertain the nature of the breach where possible
- Inform those affected by the breach as soon as possible
- Review and amend procedures to help prevent further breaches
Controlling your personal information
Your Choices: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. However, please bear in mind that this may also restrict us from sending you information about class changes and cancellations which may affect you
- If you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Request for access, updates and corrections, deletions and retentions:
Access: You can access your personal information online at any time using your login and password where you can amend, update and correct your profile. To update data we hold in paper format, please email: email@example.com and we will update your information within a reasonable time frame. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time. We will of course endeavour to provide information to you as soon as possible, but please allow 28 working days.
Updates and corrections: If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at: firstname.lastname@example.org We will promptly amend any information as advised.
Data deletions and retention: We retain personal data collected while the user’s account is active. Once an account is deactivated, we will retain data only whilst necessary to satisfy legislation, or where required to by law or in order to safeguard Body-Torque Pilates Ltd and its staff, employees or sub-contractors, against claims of misconduct or personal injury, or if we believe there is another legitimate reason to do so.
Links to other websites
Body-Torque Pilates website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.